Position: Commercial advisor on food and agriculture
Type of employment: Full time; on a local contract
Starting date: July 1st 2017 or as soon as possible
Location: Danish Embassy in Mexico City, Calle Tres Picos 43, 11580 Mexico
Deadline for application: Friday 12th of May
The Embassy is seeking to recruit a dynamic, positive and results-oriented commercial advisor preferably with prior experience from the food and agricultural sector.
You will be working in the embassy’s commercial department that consists of 6 people and provides advisory services on a consultancy basis to Danish companies seeking commercial opportunities in the Mexican market and Mexican companies looking for Danish solutions. From our offices in Mexico City we also assist Danish companies on the Central American and Caribbean markets. The Embassy’s Commercial Department is part of the Danish Trade Council and participates in a close regional cooperation with the commercial departments at the other Danish Embassies in Latin America. The Commercial Advisor will hence perform his/her duties in close coordination with the other members of the Food & Agro Team of commercial advisors from all over Latin America.
Your primary focus will be on handling task in the food and agricultural sector. However, you are expected to show the flexibility required for an optimal handling of the entire portfolio of the Embassy and thus be ready to contribute to handling tasks outside your own portfolio.
Main tasks and responsibilities as commercial advisor
• Break down barriers to entry by assisting companies in their contact with public authorities.
• Prepare market entry by developing market analyses and distributor searches.
• Organize promotional events and business trips for Danish companies.
• Elaborate reports on different Mexican sectors that are strategic to Danish companies and write articles to Danish commercial magazines.
• Find new business opportunities for Danish companies by liaising with potential Mexican business partners and government authorities.
• Contribute to the Embassy social media profile in relation to commercial activities.
The ideal candidate should comply with most or all of the following qualifications
• Relevant university degree in business or other areas of relevance.
• Experience from working with food and agriculture in Mexico or other Latin-American markets
• Knowledge on how to do business in Mexico and/or Denmark.
• A great networker.
• Business network in the Food & Agro sector in Denmark and/or Mexico.
• Fluent in English and Spanish and preferably have a good command of Danish.
• Dynamic and independent, solution and quality oriented.
• Good team player, who is dedicated to developing the very close cooperation within the regional sector-team and has the abilities as well as interest in and willingness to share knowledge with – and learn from – colleagues.
• An international and inter-cultural work environment with “Danish values” such as great emphasis on delegation of tasks and responsibilities, openness, independence, flexibility, transparency and a minimum of hierarchy under the supervision of the Head of the Trade Department.
• Great possibilities for developing your competences in the food and agricultural area, including through business travels to Denmark and Latin America.
• You will work in an open office environment with an enthusiastic group of trade colleagues.
• Salary based on qualifications and a bonus system.
• You will be offered full time employment on a local contract based on the Mexican labour market minimum rules.
• 37 hours work week, with flex-time and a large degree of flexibility in organizing your own daily working hours.
• You will be entitled to 5 weeks of paid holiday per year.
• Your salary will reflect your qualifications, relevant experience and proven work-related results.
• As part of your salary you will be covered by a workplace pension scheme.
• You and your dependant family members will be offered reasonable coverage of sickness expenses.
Application and recruitment process
To apply for the position, please send your application (cover letter, CV, proof of relevant education, recommendations and 2-3 references) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org (and email@example.com in cc) marked “Application: Commercial advisor (food & agro)” no later than Friday May 12th 2017.
The Embassy attaches great importance to equal opportunities for all and therefore welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of race, sex, religion, age or disability.
Selected candidates will be invited for interviews – expected to take place end of May 2017.
The chosen candidate must present a “No Criminal Record” and pass security clearance by the Danish authorities prior to appointment.
For any questions regarding the position, please contact Head of the Commercial Department, Lars Volck Madsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Embassy of Denmark and the Trade Council, see www.mexico.um.dk, https://www.facebook.com/embajadadedinamarcaenmexico and www.um.dk/en/tradecouncil/.